1. You don't FALL asleep, you FELL asleep.
2. You fell asleep with your books in front of you.
3. Your usual 8-hour power sleep is reduced to 5-6 hours.
4. You wake up in the morning with highlighter marks on your face, legs, hands, and on your bedsheets!
5. You dream about your professor running after you with a codal in hand.
6. You wake up in the morning with a stiff neck because you fell asleep with your thick and hard law book as pillow.
7. You go to your favorite seat in the toilet with a codal in hand and read it while waiting for....... (you do not want to waste precious time... every second counts!)
8. Due to stress and tension, you go to the toilet more often than you used to.
9. You eat breakfast while reading your cases you fell asleep with the previous night.
10. You read, re-read and re-read cases to make sure you really understood the case and to be able to remember it when you're called to recite it in class. (But at the back of your mind, you know you'll never be ready for class!)
11. You can't help but comment how the law was applied or use in a movie you're watching. (My, your legal mind works anytime, everywhere!)
12. Your jokes are loaded with legal terms.
13. You pray harder.
14. You pray not to be called for recitation today, and that if you're called, you be called on the case that you know.
15. You go to school with 3 kilos or more of paper!
16. You decide to name your children after the people who helped you get your law degree...Emanuel and Gilbert.
17. You want to make an irresistable offer to your contracts professor and make it a requirement that an acceptance be via carrier pigeon...and you know that as a "master of the offer," YOU CAN DO THAT!!!
18. Students from other degrees think you're a member of library staff because you're in there all the time.
19. When you read a page of text and realize there hasn't been a single period (.) yet.
20. Your friends know that you're alive only by the updates on your facebook status!
21. Highlighting becomes a color-in game where you first highlight the first line, the last line, and the sides of the exerpt you want to color and then just go at it like a 6-year-old. (Great for stress relief)
22. You know you're in law school when your mom calls you at the law library. She knows it's the most likely way to get a hold of you.
23. You consider dropping out of law school approximately every hour, but after that first semester you realized you were already in too much debt to be anything other than a lawyer.
24. You can't remember if you decided to come to law school because you wanted to help people and make a difference in the world or because you hate yourself.
25. You aspire to one day own Blackacre.
26. You feel guilty for showering/eating during finals because it takes time away from your study schedule
27. Substance abuse becomes you.
28. The drama in your life now rivals that of high school.
29. You make adverse possession jokes.
30. You can name without hesitation at least three people who make you want to throw things when you see them raise their hands in class.
31. You think IRAC and CREAC are just code for saying the same thing over and over.
32. You are truly and deeply unnerved by the thought of some of your classmates becoming attorneys.
33. You think tequila shots are essential to ordered liberty.
34. You wonder if that one professor who always seems angry and irritable and treats students' minds as his personal playground is actually a sociopath or just didn't get enough hugs as a child.
35. Sometimes during disagreements you are tempted to 12(b)(6) the offending friend or family member.
36. You know and understand the complicated epistemological and metaphysical differences between a conspirator and an accomplice.
37. You know and understand the complicated epistemological and metaphysical differences between coffee and red bull.
38. You think whoever came up with the Socratic method should have his face lit on fire and then beaten out with a rake.
39. You can't think of any legitimate reason why a law student would need access to certain public records, but you can think of a whole lot of illegitimate ones.
40. After the first semester you realized that "briefing a case" need only consist of looking it up on Lexis or Westlaw.
41. You've given yourself carpal tunnel from all the spider solitaire you play in class.
42. When someone is expressing their frustration or anger about something that is in any way related to the law, you can't be sympathetic because you're too busy figuring out in your head if they have a cause of action.
43. You hear about the death of an elderly friend or relative and wonder if they died intestate.
44. You have considered changing career paths to hot dog vendor, stilt walker, or career alcoholic.
45. You're pretty sure the reasonable prudent man is a friendless tool who still lives with his mother.
46. Your car is like a library full of books and papers everywhere!